Increasingly, new construction is becoming a good route for home buyers in our local market. This is partly because we have a historically low inventory of homes for sale right now. Plus, when new listings do hit the market, they tend to sell quickly (making it hard especially for out-of-town buyers to secure their top pick).
Here are some of the benefits of choosing new construction:
- Flexible time frame: Whether you’re looking for a newly finished home that can close in the standard 30-45 days, or you’re not ready to close for 6 or 7 months, we can find a home that matches your time frame.
- The more time you have, the more options you have: That 6-7 month time frame is perfect if you’re wanting to choose your lot, floor plan, finishes, and colors. Being able to choose all of these things from the start also means that you have full control over price. Instead of seeing a flat price of $XXX,XXX that leaves little room for negotiating, you can instead start with a base price and add on only the selections that you’re willing to pay for.
- Endless inventory of homes: Most of the listings that builders have are not listed in the MLS. Whether it’s an MLS compliance rule or that the home simply hasn’t gone to permit, we’ve found that often the homes that are the best value are not in the MLS listings you see on our website.
- Locking in a price: In a recent blog, we included stats which showed the median price increases year over year in Charleston. Especially in a longer time frame like 6 months, it’s easy to see the benefit of locking in today’s price for a home that won’t close for half a year.
- Making your next home exactly the way you want it: Instead of choosing a pre-owned home that needs a kitchen remodel, a new paint job, or some re-visioning (or construction) to get that fourth bedroom, a new construction home is exactly the you want it before you ever move in. There’s no headache (or out of pocket cost) associated with projects because it has the layout and the colors you wanted.
View the most popular communities selling new construction homes in Charleston, plus search current listings by price or by builder on our website!