You might have heard that Charleston was recently ranked #1 by Travel + Leisure in their World’s Best Cities list. Last year it was ranked #2 in this list (and was also their #1 Best City in North America). Factors in their most recent list included: history, culture, cuisine, and a unique blend of antiquity and modernity.
Every year, Charleston seems to be added to yet another ranking as one of the top places to visit and to live in the country. Here's a sample showing some of the most recent:
- For 3 years in a row Condé Nast Traveler voted Charleston, SC the #1 city in the United States.
- Charleston always bodes well with Southern Living, which has named it Best Southern City and Most Mannerly City, among others.
- AARP has rated our city as a top place to retire.
- Forbes ranked it in its Ten Smartest Cities, which compared cities around the world in factors such as livability, economy, and infrastructure.
- Other top ten lists have ranked Charleston in categories such as America's Friendliest Cities, Best Shopping Districts, Most Livable Cities, and Best Cities for Technology Jobs.
As Realtors, we love sharing our city with others because there is simply not another place quite like Charleston. The city’s charm and history win over tourists, and it’s no surprise that our busiest time of year is also the height of tourist season (April to August). After roaming the cobblestone streets, gazing out at the gorgeous blue harbor, dining in some of the Southeast’s best restaurants, shopping in centuries old storefronts, and sunning at our 5 beaches, tourists decide that the Charleston lifestyle suits them. If you’re one of these people, see below!
Considering Relocating to Charleston?
The Keadle Real Estate Group is among the top selling real estate teams in tri-county Charleston. We also happen to specialize in helping buyers relocate to our wonderful city! If you have questions about neighborhoods, schools, entertainment, taxes, or anything else, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always happy to help and would love to meet with you on your next visit to Chucktown!