Are you up for a challenge and want to learn something new? Take a look at some of the upcoming classes Charleston, SC has to offer! Of course, there are infinite options, but these will help joggle your brain for what interests you:
- Sweetgrass Basket Workshop: On Saturday, Feb. 23, from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM, you can learn how to make a famous Charleston sweetgrass basket at the Charleston Museum. Price: $40/members, $45/non-members. The Charleston Museum is located at 360 Meeting Street in Downtown. www.charlestonmuseum.org
- Broadway Dance: These classes are ongoing and are taught by Broadway dancer Kirk Sprinkles. You’ll find instruction in ballet, jazz, tap, modern, and hip-hop. These classes are geared toward all ages and ability levels. The Broadway Performing Arts Studios are located at 607-A Johnnie Dodds Blvd in Mt. Pleasant
- Clay: Also ongoing, these classes by The Clay Cottage focus on hand building and wheel for both children and adults. All levels of ability are welcome, and they offer both daytime and evening classes. The cost is $190 plus a supply fee. The Clay Cottage and Art Studio is located at 1123 Chuck Dawley Blvd in Mt. Pleasant
- Martial Arts: Mt. Pleasant Martial Arts offers classes for all ages in Judo, Jujutsu, and Systema. You’ll also find private, one-on-one sessions thoughout the week. Located at 1135 Bowman Road, Suite 749-B. www.mtpleasantmartialarts.com/
- Art with a Twist for Gibbes Kids: On Saturday, Feb. 23, at 10 AM, Children age 4 to 9 can create art with a museum teacher at the Gibbes Museum of Art. The price is $3 for kids (and free for adults), but this is a members-only event. Located on 135 Meeting Street in Downtown. gibbesmuseum.org/events
Are you thinking about moving somewhere new and exciting? If Charleston is your destination, please give me a call. I can help guide you to the community that fits you and your family best. Learn more about Charleston SC!