We’ve included a list of everything you need to get started on your home loan. These requirements are standard for any lender. Depending on the lender, you may not need all of this information upfront, but they’ll request the following at some point during the loan approval process.
1. Pay stubs for the most recent 30-day period.
2. Bank statements for all your accounts (checking, saving, 401K, etc.) for the last 2 months.
3. W-2 tax statements for the past 2 years (if you’re self-employed or have a commission-based income, you’ll need to provide personal and business tax returns for the past 2 years along with your most current year-to-date profit/loss statement).
4. Employer info (name, phone number, and address) for your most recent 2 years of employment.
5. Address(es) for your residence in the past 2 years (if you’ve rented, you’ll need to give your landlord’s name and phone number).
6. Money for a credit report and appraisal (which is usually $415).