Summer is warming up and so is the water! It’s the perfect time to experience the waterways of Charleston. For more details and options, check out the Charleston City Paper:
- Charleston Rowing Club: On Saturdays and Sundays starting at 8 AM, you can learn how to row on Horlbeck Creek. This is just one of many offerings this summer located at the Palmetto Island County Park in Mount Pleasant.
- Sailing classes: On Mondays and Saturdays, the Ocean Sailing Academy offers classes for beginners and more experienced boaters. Located at 24 Patriots Point Road in Mount Pleasant.
- Folly Creek Sunset Tours: You’ll find plenty of dates from July until November for these kayak tours that take place on Saturday and Sunday evenings. These are scheduled at low tide for the best chance to see dolphins in Folly Creek. $58/adults, $38/children 12 and under. Tours start at Crosby's Fish and Shrimp, located at 2223 Folly Road at Folly Beach.
- Isle of Palms Sunset Tours: This IOP version also runs until November and costs the same as above. The Isle of Palms Marina is located at 50 41st Avenue on the Isle of Palms.
- Bulls Island Ferry: On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays through November 30 you can explore this pristine island in the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge. It offers 16 miles of hiking trails through the island’s fresh water ponds and maritime forests. Times start at 9 AM and 12:30 PM. $40/adults, $20/children 12 and under. Garris Landing is located at 498 Bulls Island Road in Awendaw.
If thinking about the water makes you want to live closer to the coast in Charleston South Carolina, I’m happy to talk about your home purchasing options – just call or email. We have many different Charleston Waterfront Real Estate options, and I am confident we can find the perfect home for you! Have a great week!